STT Security has been a trusted provider of security guard services throughout the greater metro area of Chicago for over 20 years. STT has operations in St. Charles, North Riverside, Hoffman Estates, Tinley Park, Marengo, and more. Our services in the Chicagoland area are led by our local security management professionals who boast decades of in-the-field experience handling our client’s security needs.
Each client has unique needs and requirements for their business; no security services are of the same caliber and quality. Navigating the vast array of security service companies available is no simple task, and ultimately, finding a company that is a good fit for your needs takes vetting – but it is essential. When seeking security officer services in the Chicago area, we highly recommend that you consider asking the following questions as you consider thoroughly vetting vendors:
- Have vendors visit and inspect job site to make professional recommendations for solutions. If a vendor can’t make time to come meet with you, it’s likely that that poor level of support will continue down the road.
- As the client, specify (or work with the vendor) to set wages that match your business needs, culture, and security responsibilities for the positions needed.
- Ask for a pricing structure that allows for wage transparency and detailed billing with employee wages included; this way, you can ensure your vendor is supplying the agreed upon wages.
- Does the vendor have proven experience in my specific industry?
- Does this vendor have sufficient local management staff and infrastructure to support my specific needs?
- Require at least 1 past and 1 current client reference, and take the time to speak with them about the vendor, their staff, management, and overall experience with the company.
- Is the vendor licensed to provide security services in the state of Illinois? Ask for a copy of their up-to-date/current license.
- Is the vendor currently involved in any lawsuits?
- Is the vendor in a stable financial position?
- How much liability insurance protection does the vendor provide, and will they name your business as a co-insured?
If your business is not asking these questions of potential security service vendors, your business will be left vulnerable to many undesirable outcomes – invest the time now so it doesn’t cost you later!
Is your business considering switching from/to an internally operated program? If so, consider this information: In-House versus Contracted Security.
Chicagoland Licensed Security Officers
Our uniformed security officers are professionals, fully licensed and registered by the state, as required by IL state law. Our uniformed security officers have been subjected to fingerprinting and a federal and state background check by the State of Illinois Department of Public Safety as part of their licensure requirements.
They have successfully completed the state certified training curriculum for unarmed security officer level one, and STT Security conducts in-house education of our employees to continually enhance the quality of service. We have strict standards in physical appearance and grooming, along with a code of ethics and creed of conduct. STT Security is dedicated to protecting the property, people, and profits of the businesses we partner with.
We look forward to the opportunity to provide you with dependable services with our fully trained and licensed uniformed staff and highly experienced local and corporate management teams. We have the ability to provide many different levels of services depending on your needs as our client. We pride ourselves by being continuously responsive to the on-going needs of our staff and clients.