Michigan Security Officer – Guard Qualifications
In order to be employed with STT, Inc. for a position as a security officer within the state of Michigan you must meet the following qualifications set forth by the Private Security Business and Alarm Act 330.
- Employees must be 18 years of age and have a high school diploma, GED or its equivalent.
- Have not been under any sentence, including parole, probation, or actual incarceration, for the commission of a felony for their entire criminal history.
Have not been convicted of any of the following misdemeanor offenses within the last 5 years of the date of employment:
- Dishonesty or fraud.
- Unauthorized divulging or selling of information or evidence.
- Impersonation of a law enforcement officer or employee of the United States, this state, or a political subdivision of this state.
- Illegally using, carrying, or possessing a dangerous weapon.
- Two or more alcohol related offenses.
- Controlled substance under public health code, 1978 PA 368, MCL 333.1101 to 333.25211.
- An assault.
- Has not been adjudged insane unless restored to sanity by court order.
- Does not have any outstanding warrants for arrest.